World Education Laos improves livelihoods, incomes, and economic resilience for families in rural areas of Laos and advocates to inform Government of Lao policy development in social protection. Through a range of projects in Laos, World Education has run savings and credit unions, provided start-up grants, conducted financial literacy trainings, helped the rural poor establish micro-enterprises, and utilized financial services effectively.
World Education Laos recently began a project that will establish the first-ever Women’s Entrepreneurial Centre in Laos; the Centre will be located in Vientiane Capital, and it will support women from throughout Laos in starting their own businesses and growing their existing businesses.
Follow the links below for information on World Education Laos’ projects in the area of Economic Development:
- Integrated Victim Assistance
- Resilient Livelihoods for the Poor
- Women’s Entrepreneurial Centre
- Developing a Rural Microfinance Institution in Laos (2012-2014)
- Economic Assistance & Livelihoods Training for UXO Survivors (2009-2013)
- Survivors’ Economic and Technical Assistance (SETA) (2007-2008)
- Laos Economic Acceleration Program for the Silk Sectors (LEAPSS) (1999-2006)
- Repatriate Assistance (1992-2000)