World Education Laos improves livelihoods, incomes, and economic resilience for families in rural areas of Laos and advocates to inform Government of Lao policy development in social protection. Through a range of projects in Laos, World Education has run savings and credit unions, provided start-up grants, conducted financial literacy trainings, helped the rural poor establish micro-enterprises, and utilized financial services effectively.
In 2017, World Education Laos established the first-ever Women’s Entrepreneurial Center (WEC) in Laos. Located in Vientiane Capital, the WEC supports women in starting their own businesses and growing their existing businesses. The WEC offers in-house trainings on small business management and access to finance and provides scholarships to women from throughout Laos to attend extended vocational trainings on tailoring, hairdressing, weaving, and natural dyes.
Follow the links below for information on World Education Laos’ projects in the area of Economic Development:
- Integrated Victim Assistance
- Women’s Entrepreneurial Center
- Resilient Livelihoods for the Poor (2015-2017)
- Developing a Rural Microfinance Institution in Laos (2012-2014)
- Economic Assistance & Livelihoods Training for UXO Survivors (2009-2013)
- Survivors’ Economic and Technical Assistance (SETA) (2007-2008)
- Laos Economic Acceleration Program for the Silk Sectors (LEAPSS) (1999-2006)
- Repatriate Assistance (1992-2000)