World Education improves livelihoods, incomes, and economic resilience for families in rural areas of Laos and advocates for policy development in social protection.
Over the past 15 years, we have developed the capacity of savings and credit unions, provided start-up grants, conducted financial literacy trainings, and helped the rural poor establish micro-enterprises and utilize financial services effectively.
In 2017, World Education established the first-ever Women’s Entrepreneurial Center in Laos. Current programming provides livelihoods and business development training and mentorship to women and people with disabilities.
Learn more about our economic development projects:
- Women’s Entrepreneurial Center
- USAID Okard
- Victims Assistance Support Team (VAST) (2014-17)
- Resilient Livelihoods for the Poor (2015-2017)
- Developing a Rural Microfinance Institution in Laos (2012-2014)
- Economic Assistance & Livelihoods Training for UXO Survivors (2009-2013)
- Survivors’ Economic and Technical Assistance (SETA) (2007-2008)
- Laos Economic Acceleration Program for the Silk Sectors (LEAPSS) (1999-2006)
- Repatriate Assistance (1992-2000)